Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Scenes from the stand

Here is a short video of some scenes from an afternoon hunt last week. Deer activity has been slow, but I did manage to see some game that afternoon. Even though the start of the season has been slow, I did see a few deer and some turkeys on my last outing. It's still too hot and dry, but as I write this, I hear heavy rain hitting the roof and see that the temps will be falling in the next few days. Here is a short video of some scenes from my stand.



The two 1.5 yr old bucks came out and fed in the beans briefly before heading towards a patch of beans that were still green. On the close-up shot of the 3 pointer, you can see what became of my food plot this year. Most of the green stuff you see is weeds. Due to the drought, almost nothing I planted grew. I don't know if this latest round of rain will be enough to get it going or not. This is what my food plot looked like last year when we had corn planted on the farm. Sweet huh.


I had high hopes for this farm, we'll see if the rain can lift my spirits. Funny thing is rain is usually associated with dampening things, bringing doldrums and depressing, gunmetal gray skies, and attitudes to match but I couldn't be smiling wider hearing those raindrops pelt my roof. Now for that first frost...

Good Hunting-DV

2 comments:

LP 3 said...

nice video footage. what camera do you shoot with?

a digicam or an actual camcorder.

DV said...

I use a Canon GL2 mini DV camera.
Thanks