Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Ouch!!!

Got out of surgery late last night and things didn't go as well as I had hoped. When they went in, they found alot more damage than they had expected, the surgery took alot longer than first thought, and my rehab may be much longer too. My doctor, who is one of the best and most reccommended in our area, said in 17 years of doing shoulders, that was the worst one he has seen. I was not encouraged by that, but will hit the physical therapy hard and get back to 100 percent soon. I'm right handed, and it was my right shoulder, so I'm trying to do everything left handed, and it's proving quite challenging. This short post took me 15 minutes to type, but I was thinking ahead wrote a few up that I will post from time to time over the next few weeks. Right now, I have have to go learn to cook some venison steaks on the grill one-handed. I know that may seem extreme for lunch the day after major surgery, but hey, it's almost 70 degrees here today and we don't get many 70 degree days in February so I can't pass up a chance to fire up the grill.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear the surgery is over, but sorry that it took longer and was more extensive than you first thought it would be.

Make sure you don't hit PT too hard. You don't want to overdo and set yourself further back.

How were the venison steaks?

SimplyOutdoors said...

I know that feeling. I had surgery a year or so ago and what they told me would just be a small incision turned into a 7 inch one and put me down for over a month.

Just stick with it and get yourself back in shape for the season coming up.